Part-1 : VMWare NSX T Manager Installation and Initial Configuration
Below are the pre-requisites for deploying NSX Manager.
- Necessary resources to deploy NSX-Manager appliance on vCenter
- Port group for Management network. Better to keep on same network as vCenter
- 3 Free IP’s for NSX Managers. This blog we will deploy only one appliance.
- NSX Licenses and media ova file downloaded from vmware website.
- Create DNS A record for NSX-Manager Hostnames.
Login to vCenter – Right click on cluster name – Deploy OVF Template
Select local file – browse the OVA file for NSX Unified appliance – Next
Provide the Name for the VM and click Next
Select Medium and Next . with small some of the services will not work. always use medium or Large
Select the datastore and click next.
Select the network port group and click next
Provide the password and details.
Provide the hostname, role and ip details
NSX Manager has 3 roles as seen below.
Provide the DNS and NTP server details and click next
As seen below the NSX Manager will be deployed in 5-10 Mins max.
Once it is deployed successfully – power on – wait for at least 15 mins for all the services to come up..
Once the services are up it will show login prompt – at this point wait for 10 more minutes as backend services needs to start particularly the web portal related services.
once done, try to login using putty
Login to NSX manager using the https://fqdn. if you need availability for NSX managers deploy 3 appliances in same way and create cluster.
Click on networking and see that the page is accessible.
Hope this post is useful. we will configure the appliance in next post.