Below are the pre-requisites for deploying NSX Manager.
- Necessary resources to deploy NSX-Manager appliance on vCenter
- Port group for Management network. Better to keep on same network as vCenter
- 3 Free IP’s for NSX Managers. This blog we will deploy only one appliance.
- NSX Licenses and media ova file downloaded from vmware website.
- Create DNS A record for NSX-Manager Hostnames.
Login to vCenter – Right click on cluster name – Deploy OVF Template
Select local file – browse the OVA file for NSX Unified appliance – Next
Select the datastore and click next.
NSX Manager has 3 roles as seen below.
Once the services are up it will show login prompt – at this point wait for 10 more minutes as backend services needs to start particularly the web portal related services.
Hope this post is useful. we will configure the appliance in next post.