Citrix VDA Installation on windows 10 Error Citrix Diagnostic Facility failed with error code 1603
Error: Installation of the Citrix Diagnostic Facility failed with error code 1603
Permanent Fix: install update listed in KB4051963.
Reason: Citrix 7.15 LTSR VDA will work on windows 10 OS build no 16299.98 or higher.
Quick work around:
1. Mount the ISO on Windows 10 machine.
2. Browse the folder in the media “x64\Virtual Desktop Components”
3. Start installing “cdf_x64.msi”
4. you will receive error saying no previlages and all, don’t close the error.
5. open folder “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Citrix”
6. Rename or copy folder System32 in to SysWOW64
7. Close error and cancel installation.
8. Start VDA installation and it should work.
Its a quick work around to save time while installation, however install the patch KB4051963 or its replacement.
As per this article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX229052 we need to install Microsoft update listed in KB4051963 for OS build no to be 16299.98 or higher